The Asia-Pacific Structured Finance Association ("APSA") was formed in 2006 to promote the efficient growth and continued development of structured finance throughout the Asia-Pacific region, and to advocate the interests and serve the needs of the structured finance industry. Originally known as the Asia-Pacific Securitisation Association, APSA's formal name was changed to its current form in 2010.
In 2016, APSA formalised its collaboration partnership with CSF (China Securitization Forum).
In 2017, APSA formalised its collaboration partnership with HKIB (Hong Kong Institute of Bankers).
APSA also works closely with HKSI (Hong Kong Securities Institute) and TMA (Treasury Markets Association) in Hong Kong.
In 2018, APSA published its book, “Structured Finance in Asia” (publisher: Sweet & Maxwell). The authors of this book are senior members of APSA.
APSA is headquartered in Hong Kong. In 2019, APSA expanded its presence to Singapore, with the relocation of one of its co-convenors to Singapore and the appointment of a new Singapore Representative.
- To promote the efficient growth and the interests of the structured finance industry in the Asia-Pacific region by providing a platform for the views of the industry to be communicated to regulators, standards-setters, market participants and investors.
- To increase awareness, build consensus and coordinate advocacy efforts on legislative, regulatory, legal, accounting, tax and policy issues that impact the regional structured finance industry.
- To identify and recommend market standardisation policies, practices, guidelines and related documentation in the interest of promoting the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the regional structured finance markets.
- To promote links with the People's Republic of China and the integration and development of the Association with other regional structured finance markets.
- To promote links between regional structured finance markets.
- To promote contacts and good relations amongst members of the Association.
- To raise investors' awareness of structured finance in the Asia-Pacific region
- Be included in APSA events and mailings.
- Discounted rates to APSA events.
- Discounted rates to CSF, HKIB, TMA & HKSI events.
- Discounted rates to many conferences and events that are endorsed or support by APSA.